I’ve made many changes to keep everyone safe during the Covid outbreak.
First, appointments are being spaced wide apart so that there will almost always be only one patient in the clinic at a time. On the rare occasions when there is a brief overlap, patients will be in separate rooms or on opposite sides of the clinic, at least 20 feet apart, with an air purifier between them. The wide appointment spacing will also allow plenty of time to thoroughly disinfect between appointments. Sheets covering recliners will be changed between patients, with each patient getting a freshly-laundered sheet. All patients (and I) will wear a mask in the clinic – I have plenty at the front desk if a patient comes in without their own.
As mentioned, air purifiers will be going in each room at all times. There are also two ozone generators on timers, which will go on every night when nobody’s in the clinic, producing ozone to further disinfect the air and all surfaces. Ozone has a short half-life and will be completely gone by morning. I will be disinfecting surfaces and my own hands constantly throughout the day as well.
In addition to the measures listed above, I am asking patients with any symptom that could signal a developing infection to stay home and reschedule later. Late-cancellation fees are being waived for the duration of the covid situation, so patients may cancel at any time without penalty. Following is a list of symptoms – if you have any of these, please cancel and stay home.
- Exposure to a person with confirmed or suspected covid-19 within the past 14 days
- Any of the following experienced during the 48-hour period prior to your appointment:
- New cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- New loss of sense of smell or change in taste
- New changes in skin (rash, skin discoloration, discoloration of toes)
- New chills, feeling cold, or shivering
- New or unusual headache
- New or unusual fatigue
- Sore throat
- Fever over 100.5 (38C)
- New nasal congestion or runny nose
- New body or muscle ache